1. What is the current status of Samsung Galaxy Mega?
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 was released on May 08, 2013 and later Samsung has also released Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 on June 07, 2013 which is available in market currently.
2. What are the available colors?
The Samsung Galaxy Mega is available in two colors which are black and white.
3. What are model numbers of Samsung Galaxy Mega?
Model number of Samsung Galaxy Mega
|Model Name||Model No.|
|Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8||GT-I9152|
|Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3||GT-I9200|
4. What is the megapixel of front and back camera of this Samsung Galaxy Mega?
Samsung Galaxy Mega is integrated with a CMOS 8 megapixel primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The cameras pack features Geo-tagging, face and smile detection. There is an additional feature HD recording, panorama in Mega 6.3. The Samsung Galaxy Mega also comes with a COMS 1.9 megapixel secondary camera for better clarity in video chats.
5. What are the dimensions & weight of the Samsung Galaxy Mega?
Dimension of Samsung Galaxy Mega
|Model Name||Dimension (mm)||Weight (g)|
|Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8||162.60 x 82.40 x 8.99||182|
|Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3||167.6 x 88.0 x 8.0||199|
6. How big is the screen size on the Samsung Galaxy Mega?
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 has 5.8 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen while Mega 6.3 on other hand has 6.3 inches SC-LCD capacitive touchscreen with TouchWiz UI.
7. What is the display color resolution of the Samsung Galaxy Mega?
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 has 540 x 960 pixels; a pixel density of 190 ppi and Mega 6.3 has 720 x 1280 pixels, a pixel density of 233 ppi along with 16M colors.
8. What is the battery type and specs of Samsung Galaxy Mega?
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Mega 6.3 come fitted with a 2,630 and 3200 mAh Li-Ion respectively.
9. What is the ‘stand by’ & ‘Talk Time’ limit of Samsung Galaxy Mega?
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 offering up to 12 hours of talk time and 440 hours of standby time while Mega 6.3 on other hand offering up to 10 hours of talk time and 420 hours of standby time on 3G network.
10. What type of memory cards does the Samsung Galaxy Mega support?
Both the Samsung Galaxy Mega support microSD card.
11. How much internal storage does the Samsung Galaxy Mega have?
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 while gets internal built-in storage capacity of 8 GB, the Galaxy Mega 6.3 on the other hand has internal storage of 16GB.
12. What is the maximum amount of external storage available for the Samsung Galaxy Mega?
The Samsung Galaxy Mega can be further expandable up to 64 GB using microSD card.
13. How much RAM does the Samsung Galaxy Mega?
Both Samsung Galaxy Mega has 1.5GB RAM for assisting the CPU.
14. What type of CPU does the Samsung Galaxy Mega have?
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 equipped with Dual-core 1.4 GHz processor, the galaxy mega 6.3 on the other hand equipped with dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait.
15. What operating system is available in Samsung Galaxy Mega?
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 & Galaxy mega 6.3 runs on the Android v4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system.
16. What features does the Samsung Galaxy Mega offer?
Samsung Galaxy Mega presence of various features like Wi-Fi Direct, Voice Input, Instant Messaging, A-GPS, GLONASS, with Google Maps, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Calendar, NFC Support, Infrared Port, USB Host, USB On-the-go, MMS Enabled, Video Editor, Organizer, Predictive Text Input, Calendar, Voice Input, Google, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Picasa, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro Sensor, Auto Focus, Geo-tagging, MMS Enabled etc depending on model.
17. Is Samsung Galaxy Mega support 2G, 3G and 4G?
It supports only 2G, 3G network.
18. What are the disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy Mega?
Resolution on the low side for the screen size, Midrange performance, Design is a bit played out by now, No FM radio, Shared camera interface makes framing tricky
19. How many sensors Samsung Galaxy Mega does support?
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 is equipped with Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Geo-magnetic, Gyro Sensor; the galaxy mega 6.3 on other hand has Accelerometer, Gyro-sensor, Digital Compass (Magnetic), Luminance (RGB), Hall, Proximity.
20. What type of SIM will the Samsung Galaxy Mega use?
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 supports dual micro SIM while on other hand Galaxy mega 6.3 support single micro SIM cards.
21. Which are the other alternatives of the Samsung Galaxy Mega in market?
In Indian market, both Samsung Galaxy Mega Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, Samsung Galaxy Grand, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung GALAXY Note II, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 etc.
22. Does this Samsung Galaxy Mega have FM?
There is no FM radio feature available in the Samsung Galaxy Mega.